Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Walk this way....


I hauled my body out of bed this morning, determined to get back on track with my walking. I had done so well most of the summer, walking in the heat, through a knee injury, and even on a cruise, but all the sudden I had fallen off the wagon. A day of physical activity made me realize how much even a couple of pounds adds to stress on the joints, and I have decided to get back in the saddle.


So, as I was walking, I was listening to my iPod. I was feeling somewhat despondent over some recent and not so recent emotional stressors, and was praying about one particular disappointment. I had to laugh, because, on shuffle, the iPod was playing a song that said we may never achieve the dreams we had for ourselves. But, that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad things. Life is full of unfulfilled fantasies. So, do we roll 0ver and play dead? No, we keep on going. The humor in that was that the first several songs (basically the first 1/2 of my walk) all had the same theme...sometimes things don't work out the way we want them to. Then, I turned around to start the trip home, and suddenly, the theme shifted. It started out with "I AM"...


I AM...the maker of the Heavens

I AM...the bright and morning star

I AM...the breath of all creation

Who always was, and is to come

I AM...the one who walked on water

I AM...the one who calmed the seas

I AM...the miracles and wonder

So come and see, Oh follow Me

And you will know

The fount of living water

The risen Son of Man

The healer of the broken

And when you cry I AM

Your Savior and Redeemer

Who bore the sin of man

The Author and Perfecter

Beginning and the End

Yes, I AM

I AM ...the Spirit deep inside you

I AM...the Word upon your heart

I AM...the One who even knew you before your birth

Before you were...I Am

The fount of living water

The risen Son of Man

The healer of the broken

And when you cry I AM

Your Savior and Redeemer

Who bore the sin of man

The Author and Perfecter

Beginning and the End.... I AM


From that point on, every song that the iPod arbitrarily picked was on that focused on the majesty of God, and the fact that even though our plans might not work out, HE IS STILL GOD.

I thought it was pretty cool that God used a hot, lonely walk to speak new life to my aching heart. Nothing new...just a reminder of who I am in light of who HE is.

2 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Another excellent post Aunt Bonnie. I read and reread the words to that song and it definitely spoke to my heart.

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.